Last week on Instagram Stories, I shared a brief tutorial: How I plan 1 week and sometimes 1 month of blog content in one day. I love batching to-dos at With Grace and Gold, so Mondays are the day when I plan, write, and schedule all of our content. Today, I’m excited to share 3 tips for writing purposeful blog content for your audience – tips I use and apply each time I write our blog content!
3 Tips for Writing Purposeful Blog Content
- Think about what your audience wants, rather than what you want. When I sit down to plan our blog content, I think about what our audience of creative women in business would like to learn more about. What questions do they have on a daily basis? What areas of their businesses might they want to learn more about? When I put myself in our audience’s shoes, I am able to plan blog posts that are meaningful and helpful.
- Acknowledge that your blog post may be read today, next week, next month, or next year. Next, I try to write evergreen blog content — content that will be relevant today, tomorrow, next week, and next year. Of course, with speedy changes in technology, it isn’t always easy to do. However, I do try to write about business topics that will be helpful and relevant for awhile!
- Write your content as if you were speaking directly to one person. Finally, I try to write our content to “one person” — the person reading the blog post. When you write to one person, it’s easier to be conversational, to be helpful, and to bring the reader along on a journey. It’s when we try to write to “everyone” that blog content can be tough to write!
Here are some additional posts you may enjoy:
- 3 Tips for Repurposing Old Blog Content
- 3 Blogging Steps You Simply Can’t Skip
- 3 Tips for a Better Blog Post
Since 2014, With Grace and Gold has provided brand and web design for creative small business owners. Hire With Grace and Gold or shop With Grace and Gold’s pre-made designs and Showit website templates – and come away with an elevated brand and web design for your small business!