If you’ve been a small business owner for a few years or more, you’ve likely noticed how quickly technology changes — how new social media platforms come and go, how existing social media platforms change and evolve, and how new technology, like ChatGPT, arrives too. For busy small business owners, changes in technology can be exciting, they can be daunting — or both. When Instagram Stories was a new Instagram feature, I remember wondering how we could use Instagram Stories on behalf of our business — and today Instagram Stories have become such a natural, comfortable part of everyday social media marketing. When I first learned of ChatGPT, I wondered how we could use ChatGPT for our small business. Today, we see it as a resource to use alongside our business — a place we can go for brainstorming. Of course, ChatGPT can be used in so many ways, unique to your creative business. Today, I’m excited to share 10 ways and 10 prompts for using ChatGPT in your creative small business.
10 Ways to Use Chat GPT in Your Creative Small Business
Welcome to Episode 189 of the Brand It, Build It Podcast. I’m your host, Kelly Zugay, and today, I’m excited to explore the world of creativity and artificial intelligence, or AI.
Before we dive in, I want to share that tomorrow — Tuesday, November 28, 2023 — is the last day of With Grace and Gold’s Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale. At With Grace and Gold, we’ve debuted an all new, completely-free Showit website template called Samantha Kay. In addition, all Showit website templates are 50% off using code THANKS, which means you can begin customizing your new Showit template for just $150. Visit withgraceandgold.com/shop to download our new free Showit template, Samantha Kay — or to take advantage of our biggest sale of the year, with all Showit website templates on sale for 50% off using code THANKS.
Now, let’s dive in: You’ve likely heard of ChatGPT. Whether you’ve hesitated to use ChatGPT — or you haven’t yet discovered a way to use ChatGPT as a small business owner, I am so hopeful today’s episode serves as encouragement for doing so.
First, ‘What is ChatGPT?’ ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI that can generate human-like text based on the input it receives. In other words, you can ask ChatGPT questions or provide prompts to generate helpful responses. More than providing search engine results, ChatGPT provides meaningful, human-like responses to your questions and prompts. Here are 10 ways and 10 prompts for using ChatGPT in your creative small business:
- Social Media Content Creation. From brainstorming social media post topics to helping you write social media captions, ChatGPT can be used to enhance your social media marketing strategy.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Compose an engaging Instagram caption sharing 3 ways photographers can enhance their web design.
- Blog Post Content Creation. Brainstorm evergreen blog post topics, create an outline for a blog post you’d like to write, or ensure your blog post is enhanced with Search Engine Optimization in mind.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Compose a 5 paragraph blog post written for new photographers who would like to learn 5 ways to market their photography business.
- Podcast Outline Content Creation. Brainstorm evergreen podcast topics, create an outline for a podcast episode, or even ask for attention-grabbing podcast episode titles.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Brainstorm 10 different attention-grabbing podcast episode titles for a podcast about using ChatGPT for your small business.
- Client or Customer Email Responses. Create a connection-driven email template when responding to prospective clients or customers.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Compose a conversion-driven email response for a prospective client who contacted me about photography services.
- Email Marketing. Brainstorm email newsletter topics, create conversion-driven email newsletter content, or brainstorm attention-grabbing newsletter subject lines.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Brainstorm 10 attention-grabbing email subject lines for a newsletter with a free posing guide.
- Creating Client Questionnaires. Determine which questions you should ask prospective clients, or which questions to ask current clients as you learn about their needs, preferences, and goals.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: List the questions I should include in an on-boarding questionnaire for a new wedding photography client.
- Creating Client Education. Brainstorm products you can create for your prospective customers. For example, if you’re a photographer who provides education for fellow photographers, use ChatGPT to brainstorm the products you can create to help them.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Brainstorm 5 digital products I could create for new photographers who want to learn about running a photography business.
- Learning and Skill Development. Learn about an unfamiliar topic so you can enhance, grow, or elevate your small business.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Tell me 10 creative or innovative ways I can use YouTube to grow my photography business.
- Brainstorming Marketing Ideas. Challenge yourself to update or upgrade your marketing strategy overall.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Create a weekly marketing calendar using Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and newsletter marketing for a wedding photography business.
- Writing a Job Description. If you’re hiring a new team member, use ChatGPT to write a detailed, effective job description to help you attract the right candidates.
A helpful prompt to type in might be: Create a kindhearted, engaging job description for my Chicago-based wedding photography business, where I am hoping to hire an administrative assistant.
At With Grace and Gold, we rarely use the exact content ChatGPT generates. Instead, we rewrite its responses in our own brand voice. ChatGPT’s responses often help us to jump-start our creativity and point us in a fresh, new direction — and perhaps it can do the sam for you, too!
We are so hopeful these 10 ways and 10 prompts for using ChatGPT in your creative small business jump-start your use of ChatGPT, or help you explore the ways ChatGPT can be leveraged to enhance, elevate, or grow your small business. Thanks for tuning in!
Brand It, Build It Podcast, Hosted by Kelly Zugay
Hosted by Kelly Zugay, co-founder of With Grace and Gold, The Brand It, Build It Podcast is the best small business marketing podcast for small business owners, creatives, and founders. Weekly, brief, actionable episodes will equip you to build a successful, sustainable small business. Since 2014, With Grace and Gold has provided award-winning custom brand and Showit web design and completely customizable Showit website templates for small businesses worldwide.
Elevate your business with purpose using With Grace and Gold's step-by-step guide to raising your prices confidently. Receive the Guide
Free Guide to Raising Your Prices
Become familiar with Showit using an expertly-created, completely-customizable Showit template by With Grace and Gold. Download
Free Showit Template by
Free Showit Template
With Grace and Gold
Does your brand communicate luxury? Take our assessment and create a luxury brand for your business. Receive the Guide
How to Create a Luxury Brand
for Your Business