Kelly Zugay, Co-Founder of With Grace and Gold®
Post Written By:
Back in 2016, With Grace and Gold changed from having a self-hosted WordPress website to having a Showit website. Back then, Showit was known as a web design platform made solely for photographers — but as brand and web designers, we loved and appreciated Showit’s features and how they could be used to align with our unique business needs, too. Since then, we have designed all of our clients’ websites via Showit, and have grown to offer a shop filled with completely customizable Showit website templates, too. Today, we’re sharing why we believe Showit is the best website platform for small businesses — and if you’re already a Showit user, how you can leverage Showit’s key features to grow your small business.
5 Reasons Small Businesses Should Use Showit
Welcome to Episode 177 of The Brand It, Build It Podcast: 5 Reasons Small Businesses Should Use Showit. After 7+ years of using Showit as our website platform at With Grace and Gold — and using Showit for all of our clients’ websites, too — we wholeheartedly believe small businesses can greatly benefit from choosing Showit as their website platform. Today, we’re excited to share 5 key reasons why we believe small businesses should use Showit — and if you’re already a Showit user, how you can leverage Showit’s key features to grow your small business.
- Showit websites are completely customizable in every way. To us, Showit is more than a drag-and-drop website builder, because we’re able to add, remove, place, rearrange, and use elements in limitless ways. Rather than using columns and grids like some website builders do, elements can be placed truly anywhere within a Showit website. As a result, we’re able to create engaging, textural, experiential web designs for our clients.
- Showit websites are responsive and appear beautifully across desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones. Within Showit’s website builder equips users to create a desktop version of the design and a complimentary mobile version of the design. By doing so, we as designers can ensure our clients’ mobile designs are just as engaging and experiential as their desktop counterparts.
- Showit has built-in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) features. Within Showit, not only can you label all photos with SEO keywords and descriptions, but every page of your web design also offers an SEO Title and SEO Description field for you to fill with your keywords. These powerful features have equipped our business, and our clients’ businesses, to expand their reach with ease.
- Showit users blog using WordPress. As a Showit user, should you wish to blog, you’ll do so via WordPress. We love blogging via WordPress, because it offers its own set of Search Engine Optimization features. Within Showit, we create an engaging, user-friendly blog design, and within WordPress, we can create engaging blog content.
- Most updates are made with a double-click. Whether you’re customizing a pre-made Showit website template, or you’re making updates to a custom Showit web design, most updates are made with just a double-click. This makes the process of using, updating, and maintaining your Showit website truly easy and fun to do.
Once you have a Showit website of your own, here are a few ways to leverage Showit’s key features to grow your small business:
- Connect your Showit website to Google Analytics, and then, Google Search Console. Within Showit, under Site Settings, and Third Party, follow Showit’s provided directions for connecting your Showit website to Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a free service from Google which allows you to see and understand how users are engaging with your website. Once you’ve connected your website to Google Analytics, you can seamlessly connect to Google Search Console. In Episode 166 of Brand It, Build It Podcast, we share why Google Search Console is worth using on behalf of your business.
- Use Showit’s built-in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) features. On the right side of your Showit dashboard, under SEO Settings, add your SEO Title and SEO Description of each page of your website. Then, select each photo within your web design, and one by one, on the right side of your Showit dashboard, under Image, add an SEO Title and Description for each photo within your web design. By using Showit’s built-in Search Engine Optimization features you can better ensure your website, and therefore your business, will be discovered organically via search engines.
- Within your WordPress blog, use the Yoast SEO plugin to optimize your WordPress blog posts for search engines. Within WordPress, under Plugins, we recommend adding the Yoast SEO plugin. This plugin helps you to optimize your WordPress blog posts — and better ensure your website will be discovered organically via search engines.
I’m so hopeful today’s episode helps to share more about why we recommend Showit for small businesses and small business growth — and how Showit’s unique features can be leveraged to help you grow your small business with purpose, strategy, and ease. Thanks for tuning in!
About Brand It, Build It Podcast, Hosted by Kelly Zugay
Hosted by Kelly Zugay, co-founder of With Grace and Gold, The Brand It, Build It Podcast is a leading small business marketing podcast for small business owners, creatives, and founders. Weekly, brief, actionable episodes will equip you to build a successful, sustainable small business. Since 2014, With Grace and Gold has provided award-winning custom brand and Showit web design and completely customizable Showit website templates for small businesses worldwide.