Kelly Zugay, Co-Founder of With Grace and Gold®
Post Written By:
One common question we hear in our creative community is: Should I choose a website template for my small business — or does my small business actually need a one-of-a-kind, custom web design? As professional web designers, we know and have seen first-hand the business-changing results professional brand and web design can create for small businesses, so today, we’re excited to share 5 ways to know it’s time to pursue a custom web design for your small business.
When It’s REALLY Time to Pursue a Custom Web Design
As professional web designers, we deeply understand how valuable professional web design can be for small businesses. A professionally created web design can showcase your work, your expertise, and your approach with a blend of beautiful design and strategic design. It can help you to better reach and connect with your audience, and empower your website’s visitors to become confidently-paying clients. So, as you assess your small business, what are some ways to know it’s really time to pursue a custom web design?
- Your Current Website Lacks Functionality. If your website experiences with slow loading speeds, broken links, or offers a confusing user experience, a custom web design can be the answer. A custom web design can address these issues, ensuring that your visitors have a smooth and seamless browsing experience. A well-designed website not only looks appealing but also functions seamlessly, helping to your convert visitors into paying customers or clients. Further, the expertise of a professional web designer can help ensure your website addresses issues and achieves goals you may not have considered yourself.
- Your Branding Feels Outdated. The visual foundation of your brand plays a significant role in how customers and clients perceive your small business. For example, if your logo, color palette, and overall branding appear outdated or lack cohesion, your business can experience a loss of credibility. A custom brand design and web design can refresh your business overall, appealing to your customers and clients in a new, purpose-driven way.
- You Want Your Business to Stand Out in a Crowded Community. In a competitive business landscape, differentiation is key. If your particular field or industry is saturated with similar offerings, a custom brand and web design can truly help you stand out. A unique and memorable web design sets you apart from the competition and can make a lasting impression on potential customers. At With Grace and Gold, custom web designs are detailed, experience-driven, textural, and showcase one-of-a-kind features, ensuring each design is uniquely-reflective of its owner.
- Your Business Goals Have Evolved. We have discovered this to be one of the most meaningful reasons to pursue a custom web design. As your small business grows and your goals and objectives change, your website and branding should — and even need — to evolve with them. If you’ve added or would like to add new products or services, if you’ve expanded or changed your target audience, or if you’ve repositioned your business in the market somehow, a custom web design can reflect these changes accurately. Your website should align with your current goals and messaging. Often times, we have seen small business owners try to repurpose their existing web design, even when their goals have changed. This often leads to a pieced-together feeling, in which none of the details feel quite right. In this case, beginning from scratch and pursuing a custom web design can make all the difference.
- You Want to Improve User Engagement and Conversion. A custom web design isn’t just about aesthetics; it’s also about functionality and user experience. If your current website isn’t effectively converting visitors into leads or customers, it’s time for an upgrade. Tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and HotJar can help you to see and understand what your visitors are experiencing. A well-designed site incorporates user-friendly navigation, clear calls to action, and optimized content, all of which can boost user engagement and conversion rates.
Investing in a custom brand and web design is an essential step for small businesses looking to stay current, connect with their audience, and grow their business. A custom web design can lead to increased brand recognition, improved customer and client experiences, and ultimately, higher revenue. By recognizing the signs that it’s time for a professional web design, you can take a proactive approach to enhancing your online presence and ensure your business continues to grow and succeed.
About Brand It, Build It Podcast, Hosted by Kelly Zugay
Hosted by Kelly Zugay, co-founder of With Grace and Gold, The Brand It, Build It Podcast is a leading small business marketing podcast for small business owners, creatives, and founders. Weekly, brief, actionable episodes will equip you to build a successful, sustainable small business. Since 2014, With Grace and Gold has provided award-winning custom brand and Showit web design and completely customizable Showit website templates for small businesses worldwide.