Kelly Zugay, Co-Founder of With Grace and Gold®
Post Written By:
In today’s episode, we’re diving into a topic that can significantly impact the success of your web design — harnessing the power of client testimonials. We’ll explore why they matter, how to gather client testimonials effectively, and how to leverage them to attract more clients.
Harnessing the Power of Client Testimonials
Welcome to Episode 185 of The Brand It, Build It Podcast: “Harnessing the Power of Client Testimonials”
First, why do testimonials matter? Client testimonials — or the kind words your past clients share about their experience while working with you — help to build trust. When prospective clients see how others have experienced the process of working with you, or the results they experienced following working with you, they are more likely to trust your expertise and ultimately choose your business.
Now, let’s explore how to gather client testimonials effectively and leverage them on behalf of your business to connect with and book more clients:
- First, ask for a testimonial from your client when your client is most thrilled with the results you’ve delivered. If you’re a wedding professional, this could be soon after their wedding day — or if you offer a service like brand design or web design, this could be in a few months once their design has gained momentum and worked on behalf of their business.
- Next, ensure the process of gathering your client’s testimonial is easy to do. Create a template you can quickly and seamlessly send to your client. Ask about their experience, what they appreciated about their experience, and depending upon the services you offer, how your services have positively changed their lives or their business.
- Focus on quality over quantity. When it comes to sharing client testimonials on your website or in your marketing materials, focus on quality over quantity. One high-quality testimonial that shares the positive results your client has experienced will be more impactful than several generic testimonials. When it comes to choosing which testimonials to share, we recommend sharing those that feel and sound unique to your business — and perhaps couldn’t be said about any other business.
Now, where can you go about leveraging the client testimonials you gather?
- On your website. While some business owners prefer to have a testimonials page — a single page within their website that houses all client testimonials — our professional recommendation is to infuse your testimonials throughout your website. The truth is, our website’s visitors may not explore your testimonials page, but they are likely to click among the primary pages of your website, like Home, About, and Services. With testimonials infused throughout your website, you can better ensure that your impressive, impactful testimonials are being seen.
- In your marketing materials. As you rotate among different facets of your business on social media, you may also consider sharing client testimonials as part of your marketing strategy. This not only helps with content creation, but it also ensures someone who learns about your business via social media can see the awesome difference you make for your clients at a glance.
- Via case studies on your website. Your portfolio can also be a space for showcasing case studies – or long-form portfolio entries that showcase the difference you created for your client. You may choose to share quantitative or qualitative results your clients experienced, alongside your client’s testimonial. Overall, case studies can help to showcase the amazing difference you make for your clients in an in-depth way.
For small businesses, satisfied clients can become your best salespeople, helping you attract new clients effortlessly. We are so hopeful today’s episode will equip you to confidently gather client testimonials with ease and intention.
About Brand It, Build It Podcast, Hosted by Kelly Zugay
Hosted by Kelly Zugay, co-founder of With Grace and Gold, The Brand It, Build It Podcast is a leading small business marketing podcast for small business owners, creatives, and founders. Weekly, brief, actionable episodes will equip you to build a successful, sustainable small business. Since 2014, With Grace and Gold has provided award-winning custom brand and Showit web design and completely customizable Showit website templates for small businesses worldwide.