Client feedback is an essential part of small business ownership. Feedback allows us to discover what we are doing well and what we could improve upon. Over the years, client feedback has helped us to polish and refine our client experience, to polish our prices and offerings, and so much more. Today, we’re sharing how to gather and use client feedback within your business!
How to Gather and Use Client Feedback
How to Gather Client Feedback
- A Client Experience Survey. The most traditional way to gather client feedback is through a survey, or what we call a Client Experience Survey. Before our design process is complete, we send along a Client Experience Survey to gather our clients’ feedback and to learn about their experience with us. Sending the survey during the design process is helpful, so we can share our clients’ words alongside their Launch Day celebration.
- Scheduled Follow-Up. Another way to gather your clients’ feedback is to schedule a follow-up meeting after their experience with you. Whether you schedule a phone call or a virtual Google Hangouts meeting, scheduling a follow-up meeting is a helpful way to discuss your client’s experience face-to-face.
How to Use Client Feedback
- To learn and grow. The first way to use client feedback is to learn and grow as a business owner. With your clients’ first-hand experience with your business, you can learn about what is going well and what isn’t going well in your business, in your process, in your services, and more. Of course, not all feedback is worth applying; sometimes, a client’s experiences is an anomaly. However, if you notice areas of your business you believe could be enhanced, definitely do so!
- On your website. Clients’ testimonials can enhance your website in powerful ways. After all, clients’ first-hand experience are valuable to your prospective clients; prospective clients want to know what your experience or services are like! Whether you use all of your clients’ testimonials on one page of your website, or spread them throughout your website, we encourage you to display them!
- In your social media marketing. As business owners, we can never be sure when or how a prospective client has come upon our business. Maybe they were referred to our business and went straight to our website. Maybe they discovered us on social media and haven’t yet been to our website. For this reason, we recommend using clients’ testimonials in social media marketing. That way, you can be sure to share clients’ great experiences with your audience.
We are so hopeful these tips will guide you as you gather and use client feedback in your business. What questions can we answer for you? Share them in the comments below!