In Episode 042, we explored 5 must-have details for your Home page — and in Episode 043, we discussed 5 details to elevate and enhance your About page. So, today, we’re continuing our web design series by sharing 5 ways to super-charge your Services page.
Whether your business is solely service-based — or services are part of what you offer through your small business — your Services page plays an important role in how your website’s visitors understand your services. Every detail of your Services page can lead your visitors toward choosing to book your services. So today, we’re exploring 5 ways to accomplish exactly that!
5 Ways to Super-Charge Your Services Page
- Copywriting written to your Ideal Client. All of the copywriting – or words – you use on your Services page should be written as though you were speaking directly to your Ideal Client. Use the first section or sections of your Services page to meet your Ideal Client exactly where they are, to address the pain points they’re experiencing, and to be sure they know they’re in the right place. These first sections should establish who your Ideal Client is, what their pain points are, and then who you are, what you do, who you serve, and what your unique approach is. By including all of these details within your copywriting, you can set the tone for your Services and your client experience — openly and honestly guiding your visitors to the service best for them.
- Information about your client experience. As small business owners, it’s easy to think about our services in a literal sense. As a photographer, you provide photography services. As a designer, you provide design services. But, the truth is, there is so much more to what you offer than the deliverables you provide. Through your business, you’ve created a client experience — it could be a personal client experience, a professional client experience, or a supportive client experience. Whatever you value, and whatever type of experience you’ve created — be sure to share about the experience your clients will receive. When comparing one business to another, it’s often the experience or the process you guide your client through that can cause a prospective client to choose one business over another. In Episode 035, we share how to create an elevated on-boarding process — and the tips we share can be applied to each step of your client experience. By sharing about your client experience, you let your visitors know what they can expect from working with you, which is powerful and helpful for prospective clients.
- Examples of your work. To support all of the copywriting you’re including on your Services page, be sure to include examples of your work. Whether you include a gallery of your recent work, or you use photography to enhance your design — including examples of your work can help to enhance your Services page overall. Your Services page can then feel more like an experience — more representative of the client experience you create for your clients. Including examples of your work allows your Services to feel as robust and elevated as they are in real life. Because your Services page is your opportunity to openly and honestly sell your services to your visitors, our recommendation is always to include the type or style of work you’d like to do more of — or your very best work.
- Thoughtful service descriptions. In Episode 007, we share how to write your Service descriptions. By including thoughtful Service descriptions, you can share more about who the service is best for, what the tangible and intangible results of working with you are, and more. As business owners, we often think of our services in a literal sense — but describing your services in a well-rounded and detailed way is a helpful way to educate and serve your visitors. To allow your visitors to understand the value and purpose behind each service you offer.
- Client testimonials. Your client testimonials can make all the difference on your Services page. While our visitors do value what we as business owners have to say about our own services, seeing social proof directly from past clients has value, too! It allows visitors to truly see themselves in the services you offer — and to understand what your services, process, and client experience are truly like from a client’s perspective.
We hope today’s episode has provided some actionable ways to super-charge your Services page!
If you’d like to rest assured your web design has been strategically-designed to move your business forward, please know, we are currently booking new custom brand and web design clients at With Grace and Gold and offering a 12-month payment plan, too!