Welcome back to the Brand It, Build It Podcast! This week’s episode — Episode 081 — marks the beginning of Season 3 of Brand It, Build It! If you’re connected with us on social media, you may know that on Friday, October 1st, we celebrated our 7-year business anniversary at With Grace and Gold! And we celebrated by sharing a new web design of our own — a complete redesign of With Grace and Gold. So, today, I want to share a behind-the-scenes look at our new web design… how we determined a new web design was necessary for With Grace and Gold, and a few valuable features we wanted to be sure to include.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Our New Web Design
Welcome to Episode 081 of the Brand It, Build It Podcast — A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Our New Web Design.
Deciding to pursue a new web design for your small business can feel like a big decision or a big undertaking — but we believe there are a few clear indicators that we, as small business owners, can pay attention to when assessing whether a new web design is needed.
A few reasons we chose to pursue a new web design for With Grace and Gold are:
- We wanted our website to showcase something new. For the first time in the history of our business, Andra and I live in the same state — both of us are just outside of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. We wanted the foundation of our online presence to be rooted in togetherness, and to more effectively showcase our collaborative approach to brand and web design.
- We wanted our website to create clearer paths to our unique offerings. On one hand, clients can work with us through our one-on-one custom brand and web design services. On the other hand, customers can purchase customizable Showit website templates for a do-it-yourself approach to web design. We wanted the paths to these unique offerings to be clearer, so our website can more effectively serve and guide visitors.
- We wanted our website to be a strong foundation for the next chapter in our business. With our 7 year business anniversary in mind, we wanted to create a place where we could confidently showcase and expand upon the key areas of our business: our custom brand and web design services, our customizable Showit website templates, and our actionable education for small business owners through our blog posts and podcast episodes.
So, what could these reflections mean for you and for your business?
If you’re approaching a new season in your business — a change in the products or services you offer, a change in your location, a change in your team, a desire to elevate your prices or change the audience you’re hoping to reach — pursuing a new web design can serve as a meaningful step toward achieving your goal.
Web design is a detailed process, but creating a purpose-driven web design is easier to do when you have a specific goal in mind. Whether you have diverse offerings, like photography services and educational products… or you simply want to raise your prices confidently — knowing your end goal can make all the difference.
With our goals in mind, a few valuable features we wanted to be sure to include were:
- A user-friendly navigation menu, to more effectively direct visitors toward our 2 unique paths.
- An updated Portfolio, to showcase not only the breadth of our design expertise, but also to share more about the various types of businesses we’ve served over the years.
- An engaging Blog design, not only to share about our recent work — but also to create an engaging space for small business owners to learn and grow through actionable small business education.
We hope you’ll visit withgraceandgold.com to see these goals and features in action! Thank you for being here, and thank you for tuning in!