Kelly Zugay, Co-Founder of With Grace and Gold®
Post Written By:
If you’ve been with us since January, you may have noticed new podcast art and a new name. With Grace and Gold: The Podcast is now the Brand It, Build It Podcast. Today’s episode is not only about our name change, but it’s also about our philosophy when it comes to making changes within your small business. If you’re in a season of wondering about a name change, a brand or website change, or any change in direction within your small business — today’s episode is for you!
Introducing The Brand It, Build It Podcast
As mentioned, if you’ve been with us since January — since the debut of our podcast — you may have noticed new podcast art and a new name… because With Grace and Gold: The Podcast is now The Brand It, Build It Podcast.
With today’s episode, we wanted to share a behind-the-scenes look at our updated podcast name, and share about how we approach changes within our small business. We hope today’s episode encourages you and equips you as you approach an upcoming shift or change within your own business!
So, what inspired us to update our podcast name?
- While With Grace and Gold: The Podcast is a suitable name for those who are familiar with With Grace and Gold, our brand and web design business, we realized our name wasn’t going to help new listeners to know what our podcast — and what our businesses — are all about. We wanted to create a name reflective of what our podcast is actually about — a name to pique the interest of podcast browsers or those who are unfamiliar with With Grace and Gold. Since the start, our podcast has been about creating a strong, elevated brand — and building a successful, sustainable business. So, we decided on “Brand It, Build It!”
- At With Grace and Gold, we offer brand and web design for small business owners — and at The Preset Market, we offer resources, products, and continuing education for small business owners. We wanted our podcast to be linked by our two businesses, so we can talk about brand and web design as well as small business education in one place.
- Here is the most exciting reason: I will be moving from Wisconsin to Minnesota in Spring 2021 — which means Andra and I will be able to record podcast episodes together, side by side. We’re hoping to introduce a new monthly series in our podcast — longer, more conversational episodes where both Andra and I will be able to share about our experiences as small business owners.
So, for all these reasons, we decided to rename With Grace and Gold: The Podcast as The Brand It, Build It Podcast — and we’re excited to continue sharing bite-sized, actionable episodes about brand design, web design, and small business ownership as a whole.
If you’re considering making a change or a shift within your small business, here are 3 questions we recommend asking:
- Why do I feel this change is necessary? Why do I feel inspired to make the change? Is it rooted in my long-term business strategy? Sometimes, making a single change within your business can mean more changes need to occur — so it’s important to be sure the change you’re making is worthwhile. Whenever we’re thinking about making a change within our businesses, we try to ensure there are at least 3 reasons why the change will be helpful in the long-term — or reasons why the change will be more helpful than harmful.
- How can I make the change clear to my audience, customers, or clients? Is making this change going to confuse my audience or harm my business in any way? When we considered our podcast name change, we knew we’d want to record a podcast episode about the name change, so you could be a part of our journey. How can you let your audience, customers, or clients know about the change you’re making? How can you use social media, your newsletter, your blog, or your podcast to educate and serve your audience as you navigate the change? Clarity is key, especially if the change you’re making is significant.
- Have you thought about the next steps? You’ve decided you’re going to go ahead and make the change… but have you through about what happens next? For example, when we decided we were going to change our podcast name, we knew we’d need to update our podcast art, our description, our introduction, and links to our podcast. Have you thought about what will happen after your change has been made? And are you equipped to do what is needed? Do you need more time or resources to prepare?
We hope these 3 questions help you to approach and the next change in your business with strategy and intention! Thank you for tuning in!
Since 2014, With Grace and Gold has provided brand and web design for creative small business owners. Hire With Grace and Gold or shop With Grace and Gold’s pre-made designs and Showit website templates – and come away with an elevated brand and web design for your small business!
About Brand It, Build It Podcast, Hosted by Kelly Zugay
Hosted by Kelly Zugay, co-founder of With Grace and Gold, The Brand It, Build It Podcast is a leading small business marketing podcast for small business owners, creatives, founders and entrepreneurs. Enjoy weekly, actionable episodes to build a successful, sustainable small business from the inside out.