At With Grace and Gold, productivity is something we feel so passionately about. We are #systemsnerds because we believe:
- Working productively allows us to help one another to work well. Andra focuses primarily on our design work, and Kelly focuses primarily on our client experience — so when we work productively, we can help one another work well, too.
- Working productively allows us to serve our clients well. When we work productively and efficiently all work-day long, we are able to guarantee our clients are receiving the most seamless experience we can offer.
- Working productively allows us to feel good about our workday. We can close our computers confidently at the end of the day, and we can be truly present.
Today, we’re excited to share how we work productively each and every day.
How to Work Productively — Every Day
- Eliminate distractions right away. Many small business owners work from home — which can be a distracting place! We can wander around, turn on our TV, or stroll to the kitchen every few minutes. At With Grace and Gold, we do our best to eliminate distractions right away, to set the tone for a productive day ahead. During our workday, our cell phones are far away, our TVs are off, and our social media tabs are closed. By eliminating these distractions right away, we can focus wholeheartedly on our work.
- Accomplish daily must-dos first thing in the morning. In small business, there are to-dos all of us need to accomplish each day, such as posting on social media or checking our email. We accomplish these daily to-dos first thing in the morning, so the rest of the day can be dedicated to our most important work — our client work. (Our Instagram posts are scheduled through Planoly, our Pinterest posts are scheduled through Tailwind, and our Facebook posts are scheduled through Facebook itself.)
- Prioritize your to-do list. Finally, we prioritize our to-do lists so we know what to focus on. When we have a clear focus for our workday, it’s easy to stay on task; we know what we need to do each day. We use Basecamp for our project management system, and we can’t recommend it enough!
These three tips allow us to work efficiently and productively each and every day! Of course, there are many more practices and habits we recommend, but these are a great foundation!