At With Grace and Gold, we have LOTS of passions:
- Producing great work,
- Serving our clients wholeheartedly,
- Uplifting fellow business owners.
To pursue our passions — to produce great work, to serve our clients wholeheartedly, and to uplift fellow business owners — one thing is true: we have to work efficiently and effectively. Today, we’re excited to share 3 ways to save time in small business, so you can produce your best work and serve others well in the process!
3 Ways to Save Time in Small Business
- Eliminate distractions. At With Grace and Gold, we do our very best to eliminate distractions during our workday. We’re not perfect, but here’s how we eliminate distractions each day: (1) We post on social media first thing in the morning, (2) We close all of our social media tabs during the day, (3) We keep our phones in another room during the workday, and (4) We check in on our posts and respond to comments at the very end of the day. Doing so allows us to focus wholeheartedly on our work and on serving our clients well. (Here’s a helpful app to help you stay focused, too!)
- Create a prioritized to-do list. At With Grace and Gold, we use Basecamp to generate our daily to-do lists. However, we take our to-do lists once step further by creating prioritized to-do lists. From our pre-generated daily to-do lists, we write down our top priorities and get started in that particular order. Doing so allows us to serve our clients well and ensure our high-priority to-dos are being completed. As a tip, our client-focused to-dos are typically top priority. Business operations like social media marketing, though necessary, are typically secondary.
- Use block scheduling. Finally, another tip we love and believe in so much is block scheduling or batching our tasks. On Monday morning, we reach Inbox Zero and schedule all social media posts and blog posts for the week ahead. That way, we can allow the week to run its course and commit to serving our clients wholeheartedly for the rest of the week. (These to-dos were formerly done on Friday, but we have since changed our business hours to Monday through Thursday!) Batching our tasks allows us to stay focused on the task at hand rather than feeling stressed about constantly changing gears.
What do you think of these time-saving tips? How do you work productively each day? Share in the comments below!